11/20/09

honest.

So, I'm not exactly positive how this is supposed to work, but wendy and steph have nominated me to "honesty-scrap" (or something like that?) So, I'm supposed to give you a list of 10 things about myself.

not too hard, right?


Welllll.....here it goes:




1. I've been to 20 countries. (well...21, if you can count a layover in japan?) I've had four different passports...but my current one only has two stamps in it (which i find rather depressing)


2. um....on the topic of passports: somehow things got a little confusing during the manufacturing process of my third passport, and the US government decided i should be.... a man.
(unfortunately, i didn't discover this until i was halfway through a multi-country tour of europe.) soooo- everytime i went into a new country i just assumed that the passport-checker must think i was a cross-dresser. (very awkward)


3. I have an unhealthy love of diet rootbeer...and i have been known to consume an entire 2 liter in one sitting. (with very unfortunate results...as you can imagine: that much carbonation cannot be consumed without negative side effects.)

(don't worry...it was diet)


4. When i was in highschool, we all had to take the ASVAB test (It's pretty much like the SAT for Armed Forces/Military) I got a perfect score on the battery/electronic section. (do NOT ask me how)....and the US Military called my house every day for a month trying to recruit me. (i tried to explain to them i just wanted to go to college to be an art major...I didn't like batteries. or electricity. or fixing thing....but they still wouldn't leave me alone.)


5. I love listening to classical music on the radio when i'm driving...(but i always change the channel before i turn off my car) I'm always afraid that if someone gets in the car with me later, they'll find out what a music-nerd i am.


6. I took gymnastics as a child. (until my parents realized that: A) i will never be coordinated enough to do anything but a somersault B) the average size for a gymnast is about 5 ft.....

(you could tell from about...oooooh....day 1, that i was going to be a wee bit over 5 ft.)


7. I played the bass drum in our highschool band. (yes. they were desperate)


8. When I was in first grade, I wanted to be an actress. I would spend hours in front of the mirror practicing facial-expressions. I even developed a facial "exercise-routine." (I guess it never occurred to me that acting required more than making faces...)


9. I was on the swim team when i was 9-10(ish). I was never very good...with the exception of the breaststroke---and nobody could beat me. (it was my one and only year of athleticism)


10. I started playing the violin when i was 3. Sometimes i feel like it's my 3rd arm. Two decades is a long time...

Sometimes I have dreams, and my violin takes a leading role. Is that something I should look into? (dream interpretation? help?)



the rest of the rules....
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.

(thanks steph and wendy!....)

2. share 10 honest things about yourself...

(did that)

3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.

(oooh....I'm never very good at this part. But, if you feel like listing 10 random facts about yourself, I'd love to read them!?)



No comments: