11/18/09

a few thoughts about animals, and pets...

Facebook has recently begun alerting all of its users not only about potential new-friends (and people you may know), but also of old friends that they think you should "reconnect" with...

why is it that (in my case at least) these all seem to be animals....?

in ONE day alone, this is what FB had to say to me:



make friends with Moko, the dolphin....



suggest friends for Bear, the dog....


Oh, and don't forget to send Coco, the monkey, a message...

really? REALLY? ...I mean it was weird enough when FB was taken over by middle-schoolers and people's parents. But now? I'm cyber-stalking PETS?!




Oh, and on the topic of pets.
(and since I have one of those now)
Can I just share a quick story about this little pumpkin?


She got her first haircut+bath this past weekend.
(Karen and I were feeling ambitious. So, we got out the snippers, and went for it.)

*(actually Karen just held little Piper. I was the one doing all the snipping....and it turned out pretty well!? Even though I may have cut off a few of her wiskers. woops? Dogs don't really need those anyways, right?)

So, post-haircut, it was BATHtime.
We've never given her a bath before. (yep: adventure.)
So, we filled up my tub with warm water, lathered her up with puppy-shampoo, and scrubbed away....

she was not thrilled

at all.


But, we finally finished and removed our shaking, wet-rat-looking-puppy from the tub and dried her off...


and she was still not thrilled.

in fact, she kindof hated us for the next hour.



(fast forward a day)



I was taking a shower on Monday night, and Piper starts FREAKING out as soon as I close the shower-curtain. (She's never had a problem with me showering before) ...But, she was LITERALLY going crazy: whining and whimpering and all those sad puppy noises that just break your heart.

She thought I was getting a sudsy-puppy-bath.

And she was VERY concerned.


So, I ended up having to take a shower with the very end of the curtain open (so Piper could rest her little paws on the edge of the tub and make sure I wasn't dying).



But that wasn't enough...

nope.

I had to let her lick my toes during this entire showering process (as she continued to whimper and wine) so that she would be assured that I was not suffering from traumatic bathtime.




(we have a very sensitive and thoughtful puppy)

2 comments:

Molly said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE this story! How adorable! How is it being a puppy-momma? I've thought about getting a pet multiple times, but then the feeding/walking/picking up poop fears kick in...and I don't....:)

Stephanie said...

...how did she lick your toes? without being completely in the shower with you..? *shiver* puppy licks gross me out like nothing else.