11/9/09

my tragic lovestory:

I love autumn.
I LOVE it.
The leaves, the crisp-weather, the impending scarves and boots and sweaters (and cardigans!)...
The pumpkin-flavored breads and muffins and lattes...

I love it.

Unfortunately, I think that this lovestory may have a tragic ending...because it seems that I am allergic to fall.

{fall+me=not so good}





I woke up on saturday morning, and couldn't really see out of my right eye. I looked in the mirror, and discovered that I looked something like this:

(just add about two decades to this little kid...and maybe swap out her overalls for a pair of pj's and THAT is what I looked like. No exaggeration.)

PUFFY

very,
very,
very puffy.



The weirdest part? (the SAME THING happened to me last fall!) I woke up one morning, and SHABANG! (one eye was out of commission. Huge, puffy, and definitely out of commission...)

I blame fall.




And below is the picture I texted to Karen (who was away for the weekend) in an attempt to gain sisterly sympathy for my puffy-plight. Do I look pathetic?...because I felt it.



(*oh, and this is about 3 hours after I woke up...and after I convinced my eyeball to de-puff enough to open...after lots of ice, and benadryl, and other de-puffing activites.)

however, as I look at this picture now...I'm beginning to think that my whole HEAD was a little puffy.
oh dear.

And no worries, I wore my glasses for two days in order to disguise the cyclops-ness of my head, and this morning I woke up and it's almost all normal-looking again! (hurray!) It's just a little puffy...and every once in a while I can see part of my puffy-under-eye in my peripheral vision.

(awkward)


and so goes my unhappy tragic lovestory of Fall.....


*disclaimer: this was NOT pinkeye. It didn't hurt. Didn't itch. Didn't do ANYTHING except PUFF.

4 comments:

melissa said...

allllergy testing. do it.

Susan said...

Leslye, I have had this happen to me before too! Did you rub your eyes before going to bed? Once when I did that, my eye was huge in the morning and the doctor said that I had burst a lymph vessel. Mine was really puffy- my glasses wouldn't even go on straight the first day it happened! Crazy!

Stephanie said...

susan looked MUCH worse than that. think:goldfish. the goldfish with the -really- bulgy eyes (no exaggeration...)
i regret to this day her eye wasn't captured on film...

Molly said...

oh my goodness! SO puffy! i had that happen to me once, but in the woods in the summer....hmm....how sad! but i suppose if it's just a once-a-year thing, it isn't so bad!?