10/16/09

CAPES!

(*post dedicated to Emily Pritz, who had a problem with all the dead flies...)

ok, "capes" probably doesn't need an exclamation mark with it...BUT, I did get the best junk-email the other day-- (and I have been saving it for a cold, dreary, rainy day...just like this)

and what was this little email all about?

CAPES!
*There it goes again. (sneaky little exclamation mark...)

Anyways, Real Simple believes it has a very serious relationship with me. (and therefore delivers emails to my inbox at least 2 times, daily.) And last week?---they hit the jackpot with their "Cape-Update"


Maybe I'm just behind the times...a little late on the fashion-memo....or so deeply in love with my collection of cardigans that I failed to realize that capes are apparently the "in-thing" this season.
...
(yeah, news-flash. right?)



However-
After perusing through their cape-photo-montage....
I knew that I had to share this little collection of cold-weather-goodness.

*oh, and I apologize to any cape-wearers out there who may be insulted by my cape assessment...
buuut, here it goes:



opening up the season of cape-ness, we have the gray little-bo-peep cape.
(I believe the model is attempting the "sexy-pose"....buuuut, we all know this is nearly impossible in a cape.)




cape #2...(the buttons are somewhat redeeming?) But, when you try to slather yourself with a knitted sheet--there comes a point when not even buttons are going to help out.






um. this is an unfortunate turtleneck sweater, that was de-limbed...and then sold as a cape.
(I don't care what you say. this is NOT natural looking)
I mean- think about this...really think about this:
How in the world are you supposed to look even somewhat attractive in something like that?





Oh, and now for the all-time favorite:
THE CARDIGAN-CAPE.
(yeah...no words are really needed to explain why this is hideous)
--it looks like she literally just laid a sweater on top of her frontside.
awkward
awkward
awkward...








(oh, and continuing on in the pumpkin-ness....) Carlyn brought me a pumpkin-latte at work today...to bring the total to THREE LATTES in ONE WEEK!

I'm currently in a bit of Autumn-heaven...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your blog.
Can I be on your stalk list?

Emily Pritz said...

Les,
Thanks for the post! See I check it somewhat incessantly (especially when I have a day off of teaching).
Capes.......all I need to say is, if I get your name in the Housemate Christmas exchange...I know what your getting......