3/27/09

has it really come to this?

i'm not really sure what is more pathetic: the fact that home-depot sells "plant-kits" that consist of small watering-can-pots, a mini-pack of seeds, and dirt "pellets"......or......the fact that carlyn and i are both proud owners of afore-mentioned "plant-kits" and are growing desk-zenias/blue-bells/marigolds. (and find the need to photodocument their process, almost to the level of anoyingly-proud mothers.)

so, play-by play of my little zenia:

stage 1:
can. pellets.
(yes, i was being quite literal when i said "dirt-pellets")



stage 2:

after DAYS of waiting...you can see a small speck of green. (not that i'm bitter or anything, but carlyn's zenia had already grown about 1/2 inch by this point....) But, it's ok. i can love a late-bloomer.


stage 3:
(today)
seed #2 is poking its way up! i feel like this is what it feels like to find out you're having twins....

so, yeah....we're pretty cool (cough*lame*cough), aaaaand you should probably check out carlyn's plants too...: click.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life has become so simple. :) I *love* things like this and might have to go get one!

Last year I did something similar with some seeds from a packet. It *is* like being a mother and watching your baby grow!

It never ceases to amaze me that God makes life from a seed that will do nothing unless combined with water and soil.

melissa said...

i like the watering pot/pot combo. And i'm sure you can probably find my plant in pennsylvania. A got mine at an anthropologie/flea market day (it was strange.) But I bet they would have them at a greenhouse or someting.

Joshua said...

I can see I failed you as a teacher. Cute plants, no authenticity.

kristin said...

yep. i really like reading your posts.
that's it. oh, yeah, and I MISS YOU. come visit?

Joshua said...

I so very sorry for doubting you Leslye.

Please accept my apology.