10/20/08

my little herb.

i know...this is sortof the epitome of nerdy-ness, but- i made soup (from scratch, without a recipe) and at this moment I am just beaming with soup-making-pride. I really have no clue what i added to my masterpiece.... (*but, i do know that there was definitely some fresh rosemary involved.)

i have always had great aspirations of adulthood coinciding with herb-gardening. and now i've graduated college, have a "real-job" (and my herb-garden only consists of the small yellow-pot you see here. with my semi-struggling-rosemary-mini-bush). but, we all have to start somewhere...


anyways. soup= success.

and it's a good thing that i'm working on my soup-skills...because i feel like i'm going to be eating as much hot food as possible pretty soon. (it was 30 degrees outside when i woke up this morning.)
yep.

30.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

looked delicious.
i was inspired by our soup-making skills last semester and made pumpkin soup for charlie and his mom. we all loved it so much that i'm making again for our thursday night house-dinner. :) miss you, roomie

Molly said...

Nice job on the soup! I'm beginning to discover the need for creativity when cooking for yourself....I've been trying to cook at least 1 new thing every week....we'll see how that goes! :)

Molly said...

Leslye- you are wonderful. I love the freebie/coupon sites! That'll seriously help so much!

Did I say that you're wonderful? Because you are!

Stay warm! :) (it's been in the 30s in the am here too....makes it hard to get motivated to get out of bed!)