10/29/08

why i love wednesdays...

I know that for most people, Wednesdays are usually regarded as the nasty-hump-day...that drags on...in the middle of the week....(and, admittedly- i used to be one of those people.) But, since my recent relocation to Pittsburgh (well, Bellevue to be more exact)...Wednesdays have become my little nugget of joy in the middle of the week.
(*did i really just say "nugget of joy"?....well. it's true. and i'm not really sure how else to describe it...)

So, on Wednesday mornings- my street gets swept. (which, i realize, does not sound exciting. at all.) But- this means that the little volvo must be removed by 8:00 am....or else it will be towed. (by who, or where, i don't know---but, i figure that is the kind of thing i don't ever want to find out) So, since i have this awkward 1/2 hour on wednesday mornings, when i don't have to leave for work yet- but i can't have my car parked in front of my apartment, i decided i needed to develop an alternate morning plan...

And that is why Wednesday is my muffin and coffee morning. I drive down the street to my favorite little pittsburgh-coffee-shop (which specializes in coffee/tea/art/old books/*and waffles on sunday.) <--seriously, could this place get much better? They make the best muffins i've ever had...and every Wednesday morning i try whatever new flavor they've made that day. So far i've had fresh-peach (with lots of cinnamon and nutmeg), fresh-rasberry, toasted coconut/pinapple, and today's new flavor: pumpkin and applesauce. There really is not a more perfect way to start a Wednesday than with a steaming mug of really good coffee, a hot, fresh, muffin, and a few chapters out of a good book. And today--(and finishing my pumpkin-applesauce muffin....which tasted like the perfect holiday kind of breakfast...)--i drove to work in SNOW. yep. can you believe it? giant flakes of white, fluffy, goodness. this is going to be a great day....

2 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, we have street cleaning too! But I never thought to make it a fun occasion. Instead, it's a really frustrating, frantic running around experience....maybe I'll try your muffin idea!

Oh Lesyle. You are wise beyond your years! :)

melissa said...

you're precious.

(i like my password to comment today:
chogin)