9/24/09

pittsburgh epiphany

Well, I'm not entirely sure if you are all aware or not of the fact that Mr. Rodgers (*yes: everyone's favorite neighbor) is from Pittsburgh.

(You wonder why I moved here?...well, if it's good enough for an adventuring, singing, old-man, cardigan-wearing Fred?---it's good enough for me.)


But, back to my epiphany:

So, they have these cute (and very old) little trolleys that go up the side of Mt. Washington. Once you're up there you get a lovely view of the city...the opportunity to enjoy good (but pricey) restaurants...and just soak up the general ambiance of the infamous steel city...


now, let me show you the view from Mt. Washington (with one of the infamous Duquesne-Incline-Trolleys)





aaaand, now let me show you a picture of the little trolly Mr. Rodgers used to get to the "Neighborhood of Makebelieve" (*and please tell me you all watched this show enough to know what I'm talking about. otherwise?...well, you just tragically missed out on a golden part of childhood)

now, is it just me? or is there something strangely similar......

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

you didn't happen to go on a date on one of those, did you..?