9/25/09

ever heard of the G20..?

well, maybe I'm just a bit sheltered/non-cultured...But, before it decided to come to Pittsburgh this September,
I had never heard of the G20 before...

(don't judge)

BUT- trust me: the G20 is just about all I hear about anymore.
Fortunately, they have a pretty nice logo...(agreed?)


Unfortunately, it makes life in Pittsburgh....well,....can we a say, a weeee-bit chaotic?

riots...

tear gas...

demonstrations....




so far i think the general favorite was the group who hung themselves off of one of the bridges (along with a large sign about CO2...)


Anyways, due to an overabundance of people...and dignitaries...and demonstrators.... most of the downtown businesses have shut down for a long weekend, and everyone is either working from home...or getting a nice little G20-vacation.

*(little sis would fall into the category of a downtown employee getting a long-weekend...so she left me and went home to virginia.) grrrr.r.r..r

soooo, that means I'm home alone for the weekend-- (and despite the fact that I had lived by myself for almost a year)- I got spoiled after the little sis moved in with me...and now??--I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself...



LUCKILY-
this little pumpkin is going to be keeping me company this weekend:


*(is he not just the most precious little fuzz-ball you've ever seen?)
and i get to be surrogate-puppy-mama while his real family is away.

don't worry...you'll probably be seeing lots more pictures of him after we've had our weekend of bonding...



(and don't worry: I'll keep him far away from the G20- so he won't get trampled...)

2 comments:

melissa said...

the first picture looks like all the dirty hippy boys i used to hang out with at hastings. they all moved east...maybe it's them.

Griffin Schmucker said...

my oh my! thats a bit crazy!