11/21/08

Confession:

So, I have this very-bad (and highly-addictive) habit of browsing through beautiful websites, and taking screen-captures of pretty things. It sounds like a pleasant, harmless, and innocent pastime…(but, when your desktop begins to get cluttered with random images and folders labeled things like “Pretties”…or “Random Pretties”….or “Nice Colors”….It’s a sign that things have gone a little far.)

Anyways- I have decided to share a few of my little online-treasure-finds with you all…(and yes. One day I aspire to recreate these….when I have a lot of time….or no life. (whichever one comes first).

….*actually, if I stopped looking at pretty things, and actually tried to make them. I may have some success….



Project #1:

(felt-squirrel-tea-kettle-cover)

I realize that in order for this to be a practical project, I would first have to own a tea kettle. (but, really…minor detail.) And how could you not love something like this?....a fuzzy little forest creature just perched so friendly on top of your stove(?)



Project #2:

(coffee-bag-amazingness)

This is probably the most practical (and feasible) of the three projects…(the only issue would be the aquisition of a coffee-bean-bag.) however- the payoff would definitely be well-worth it. (How cool would I be, walking down the streets of Pittsburgh with this thing!?....especially since I am pretty sure every other 20-something female here only owns namebrand (or very large and shiny) purses/bags.)



Project #3:

(toilet-paper-roll-wall-art)

Ok…in all honesty, THIS project is never going to happen. (and if it did…I’m pretty sure the results would just be disastrous) BUT HOW COOL IS THAT!?!?!



Well…it’s almost the weekend. Maybe I’ll find myself a tea kettle and start sewing a squirrel….(I mean, what else could I possibly do?)

2 comments:

melissa said...

well, i'm kind of on my parents' plan still, although my dad told me not to get hurt because i shouldn't be now that i work fulltime. don't worry. my company insurance kicks in after my 90 days are up!

(i have a folder on my desktop called 'crafty'--it's where the bird mobile came from. i have great intentions for that folder...)

GLB said...

haha. I do this all the time. I have folders named "beautiful", "pretty things", "art", "i want this" and the list goes on. :)