12/29/09

happy birthday....(to me?)

I was going through boxes of old photos today, found these, and felt it would be appropriate to share (since it is my birthday tomorrow...and these are birthday photos)



the infamous home-made cake (with a giant-candle in the middle)(my mother still apologizes for this cake.
What you can't see is the sad sloping of a very concaved-center.
And pretty weak vanilla frosting.)

Oh well...I loved it.

And what can i say? my parents were poor and resourceful!?







aaaaand, upgrading to the 8th-birthday cake.
(obviously I was pretty psyched about this one)



And hopefully birthday cakes aren't a symbol of my life-progress...because if so: I believe I'm in a bit of a regression:

(notice anything eerily similar to birthday cake #23 and birthday cake #1?)

2 comments:

melissa said...

Happy Birthday, dear! Also, what did Karen manage to spill all over herself?

(poomang)

Jenn said...

Happy Late birthday... I must say your cakes as well as your expressions are amazing!