7/23/09

plant babies

(yes. this would be my obligatory boring yard-update)


buuuut...it seemed like only yesterday, that the plant-babies were just wee-bitty-sprouts:

{so little. so manageable. so well-weeded...}


and, like all good little plants should do,
they kept growing...and growing...and growing



until they they grew into an uncontrollable mass of squash
(and weeds?)
*i started slacking in my plant-motherhood....



but LOOK squash-blossoms!!
(*this is a good sign: my plant-mothering is obviously not as bad as i thought)



aaaand, squash-blossoms turn into little squash...



{baby-squash-butt? ...i think so.}



However, it's been about two weeks...AAAaaaaaand. the blossoms are STILL THERE. (how slow can squash grow?) i have three rows that should be budding into tasty-edibleness. but, the above-pictured squash-butt would be the ONLY thing that is actually growing.


{ugh.}

and speaking of plants/gardens/yards....um:

i think SOMEONE MOWED MY YARD!?
(i came home from work on tuesday. and it was short--which was definitely not the way that i left it.)

but who randomly mows lawns?!!?

and trust me: i'm very happy about this mysterious do-gooder... (because lets be honest: mowing is not one of my top 5 favs.)

...but, who do i thank?
...and why did they do it?

(does someone not approve my mowing jobs? is one of my neighbors fed up with staring at my uneven mower-lines?...i mean, i can't help it that I have lawn-mowing-dyslexia. and i spastically feel like mowing certain parts horizontal, and other parts vertical...or other parts a bit more...circular(?)








but, just in case you may believe that i am a total gardening and lawn-mowing failure...

i leave you with this:

*i have discovered that i am quite successful in the flower-department.
too bad they aren't very practical.
or edible...







1 comment:

Susan said...

Love your garden! I'm jealous- I didn't get one this year since I was busy studying for the boards and traveling. Enjoy all the wonderful veggies (I'm sure your squash babies will grow up soon!)