5/11/09

Operation P.L.H.I.T.S

(hopefully i didn't just accidentally spell something profane or awkward with that abbreviation....) *i tend to do that a lot, i think.

BUT- "Operation Put Leslye's Handwriting in the Sky" = SUCCESS!
(and is only further proof why i really am not yet mature enough to be holding a "real" job...)


So, a few weeks ago- I had to design some billboards...and as I was considering different styles/layouts/etc....it suddenly occured to me that this was potentially the only opportunity i will ever have to make my handwriting *famous.


*disclaimer: "famous," in this instance, (unfortunately) is actually only a very small-scale usage.


So, here they are: a sampling of some billboards currently up and around pittsburgh.

(please note handwriting)

ALSO- if you notice two boards WITHOUT a leslye-font-addition.....(well, it's still kindof a sensitive subject...but, obviously the client didn't like my handwriting on these two.) ....still trying not to take that personally...

and no...i can't take credit for taking these pictures. (they were sent to me in an email this morning)....along with the following explanation about the last photo:

"...poster location #2633...whew! I was flying down 51 toward the Elizabeth Bridge with lots of traffic so I shot it from my moving car. If you click on it and make it full size, then pan left, you will see it next to Edgar Snyder. I would have been calling Edgar to see if he really can "get money for you" if I had slowed down and tried to take the shot. (I was rear-ended coming home from a funeral in February...just got a new rear bumper...don't need to go through that again right now!) Anyway, they are taken from either a moving vehicle, a slow moving vehicle (can you hear the car horns blaring at me???), or pulled over illegally on the berm, or in the gravel pit of an abandoned building."

I've decided I really love getting descriptively adventures emails from clients.....

No comments: