4/21/09

why i love today:

It’s raining and dreary outside. i haven’t taken a shower in days (yes...personal hygiene: failure) because i went to the doctor yesterday (and after i got sampled and bruised and abused) they told me i couldn’t shower for another 24 hours. (great). I have managed to somehow loose my house keys, office keys, and car keys IN my house. (so, i had to go to work this morning using the spare car-key, and the garage-door opener: classy). My computer ate the files i was working on...and...well...it’s just one of those days.

fortunately, i’ve never been one to dwell too much in the melodramatic...so, i’ve compiled a visual list of reasons today should NOT be one of those days:


1) the plant has GROWN! (you’ve been wondering about him?...maybe forgot about him? *yeah, woops. me too.) I feel like this may be a sign of my future-partenting tendencies (neglect)...hopefully my children will thrive despite me. :)

{hey little zenia! you're gettining so big!}

2) PANCAKES for lunch. (First Watch is the best place for pancakes. Banana-granola crunch, blueberry, cranberry-nut...mmm....goodness.)
*yes. above are pictured ACUTAL first-watch pancakes....although i would never advise ordering three. Those things are the size of a small flattened....cat(?) And i can barely make it through 2.


3) this afternoon i randomly decided to look through my coupon collection (*actually, it's more like a coupon-abyss) and found THIS!
(yep. for TODAY! if it weren't for my random-coupon-abyss perusing, i totally would have missed it)


4) And to top it off? ....moments like this:
{i really wish i could add an explanatory caption to this...but i have no clue what's going on.}




update:: the day continues to get better....with the return of boss-brian and his giftings of gourmet-ohmygosh-so-good CARROT-CUPCAKES! (delish.)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

you just make me smile! Love the plant... still have not planted the coupon. ugh.

Stephanie said...

i miss you!