3/9/09

taxes & tornados

i finished my taxes this weekend....

hmmm. let's rephrase that:

my
dad finished my taxes this weekend...while i looked on in bewilderment and overwhelming-confusion.
(partially because i had piles of W2's....and i have technically been a resident in 3 different states in the past year.) yikes.

HOWEVER- thanks to the fact that i lived in a midwestern disaster state, i saved $600 on my taxes. (yes. a tornado went through siloam springs the night before i graduated. and in the eyes of the u.s. government, this constitutes a $600 tax break?)

but, seriously- i think that night will remain my favorite natural disaster of all times. (*and not just because of tax breaks, but because i spent it huddled in the hallway with all my housemates...debating whether or not we actually lived in a trailer, if afore-mentioned trailer would blow away, and if the skylights in the hall in which we were whimpering and huddling in were really the best architectural choice, for a tornado-prone state...)
{ thanks }

No comments: