2/6/09

is it true that all great artists go crazy...?

if so: if am definitely on the road to greatness....(or maybe just average-insanity)


I've been on a bit of a "painting-kick" lately...which has resulted in my spending a LOT of alone time (with paint thinner). I haven't eaten off of my kitchen table for about 3 weeks now, as it has been commandeered by a mini-easel, cups of paintbrushes, and a slaughtering of paint-tubes. I've had so much fun just being artsy and crafty--(NOT for work, or class, or because i have to...but just because i like painting.) ...however, i believe that the combination of (limited)social-interaction and lots of paint-fumes is finally catching up with me....because i've recently noticed a trend in my behaviors...and it's leaning a bit towards the "odd" side.

example #1. concerning a missing phone:
so, the other day- i was frantically searching through my apartment for above-mention-missing-phone. (no luck). fortunately Mel was online...so i had to gchat her, with the odd request of calling my phone...so i could find it(?) anyways...phone rings (in the general-kitchen vicinity)...but, i could not see it ANYWHERE. (um, but- i finally realized that my knife-drawer was ringing.) This is definitely a bad sign.

example #2. concerning the basics of numbers & counting:
at work yesterday, my boss asked me to count out the number of printouts in this big pile he was going to be taking to a presentation later that day. (no big deal, right?) well...i'm standing there...counting paper...when i suddenly realize i've counted an entire pile--and ended with "Q".....Q? seriously? numbers are obviously superior to the alphabet when it comes to counting things....

(that's when i realized things have really started to go downhill...)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

i've started season one of "friends" and... i mean... let's face it. you're pheobe. and we ALL love it.

Jenn said...

hilarious...

I've had my dresser drawer ring before too... it is quite humiliating.

GLB said...

haha...I laughed out loud. Leslye, that's hilarious...and totally something I would do. :)